Friday 20 April 2012

CHILDREN ARE WONDERFUL JUDGES OF CHARACTER

Today, we (the children and I) went to invited ourselves to my in laws to have lunch and whilst there my lovely nephew dropped my father in law back after playing golf with him. 

Despite Will being 22 A&D have always loved him and D absolutely worships the ground he walks on which I am more than happy about; he is a wonderful example of how I would like my son to grow up.  I think that part of D's hero worship stems from the fact that he seems to be constantly surrounded by girls or women; the majority of A&D's little friends seem to be girls and my husband and I have seven sisters between us so whenever there are men or boys present he gravitates towards them.  

A&D haven't seen as much of Will recently as they normally would have because he has moved into his own place and has been working very hard, but boy did they make up for today and to their (and my) sheer delight he was more than happy to oblige.  He is genuinely good with them and happy to spend time with them.  It is never forced or put on and he has the patience of a saint when it comes to my children.  I think I was sat there with a permanent smile on my face the whole time.  (Apart from when I was cursing myself for not having a camera with me, however I did subsequently manage to find these pictures of hero worship that my sister in law took in September 2010). 



In those moments, as I watched them play today, I felt so blessed that despite the 19 year age gap they will always love him and he them and I have no doubt that he will always look out for them.

Will, thank you for being the wonderful man that you are and for always finding time for us and to my beautiful sister in law thank you for raising children with such beautiful morals and values. 

Love you all.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know what to say...what a beautiful blog Rach, least of all because of my georgous son Will has a staring role. You must know that Will rang me as soon as I finished work to tell me what a great day he had had with his grandad, and D!

    ReplyDelete